Throughout his career, David has had a passion to spark the growth of individuals, teams and organizations. He intuitively sees the potential in others and organizations and what can be rather than what they currently are. After participating in the extraordinary success of Chick-fil-A, David realized the business principles used to catapult that organization can work anytime and anywhere...no matter the size of the team or company. So, in 2018, David founded Spark a Revolution, where he and his team help companies create a competitive advantage by building remarkable cultures and brands.
His 2016 book, Remarkable, in which he co-wrote with Dr. Randy Ross, imparts leadership lessons that can transform workplace culture.
David attended Wake Forest University, the Universidad de Madrid (Madrid, Spain), and graduated from the University of Georgia. He is also an alumnus of the Harvard Business School (AMP166).
David serves as a board member for numerous organizations and has helped launch several startups and nonprofits. He recently became the inaugural Startup Mentor in Residence for the University of Georgia. In this distinguished role, he speaks and meets with faculty and students to serve as a champion for innovation and entrepreneurship.
- Board of Directors, CenterState Banks, Inc.
- Board of Directors, ExecuTrain Corporation
- Partner and Board Member of Rocky Mountain Ventures LLC, a venture capital partnership
- Co-founder and Board Member of ROAM
- Board of Directors, Atlanta Sports Council
- Board of Directors, The Growing Leaders Foundation, an organization dedicated to developing the next generation of leaders
- Board of Directors, reThink, a non profit organization behind the Orange Conference, dedicated to character development in children
Some of David’s community involvement includes:
- Original Director of Eagle Ranch, Inc., serving a term as chairman of the board
- Co-founder, Board of Directors, Davar Partners International
- Selected by the Atlanta Committee for the Olympic Games to serve as the envoy to the 1996 New Zealand Olympic team.
- Board of Trustees for the Chick-fil-A Peach Bowl